The NHCC blog is for official club business (only), but there are many other photo events in the area. One way to stay abreast of things like this is to subscribe to the NECCC blog . NECCC is the New England Camera Club Council consisting of over 70 clubs in the New England Region.
Non-NHCC Photo Ops, Photo Events, Club member exhibits, accomplishments, etc.
Congratulations to our own Tracy Hammond on her photo exhibit! It will be up through January 2, 2021.
- 2018 Milford Photo Expo
- This year's 2018 Milford Photo Expo held their opening reception this past Thursday, May 3 at the Center for the Arts (Milford's former train station located behind Milford Photo). This annual event is an open category exhibition for b&w and color photography sponsored by the Milford Arts Council (MAC) and Milford Photo.
- There were 142 entries, all of which are on exhibit until June 28 at the Center for the Arts, 22 River St., Milford.
- Several of New Haven Camera Club's members entered their work: Pat Benham, Colleen Reilly, Fred Rosenthal, Denise Saldana and Barbara Vietzke.
- We're very proud to say that "Best in Show" was Pat Benham's "Street Jazz Player" (bw) and Colleen Reilly received an "Honorable Mention" for "Lunch Along the Shore" (color).
- Congratulations to all who entered. We hope to see the work of more of our club members next year!
- For more information, visit www.milfordarts.org
- Plainville Hot Air Balloon Festival
Last year, over 50,000 people attended the weekend event. There are hot air balloons taking off and landing, fireworks, antique car show, arts & crafts exhibits, food vendors, music and entertainment....just lots of opportunities for great people/crowd shots at this event. Check out the List of Events and a story with photos from the Record-Journal. Because this is a big event with different things happening each day, it may be difficult to shoot together. But if you let me know what/when you want to do, perhaps we can join up and maybe grab some good food, too.
- Bill Hoikala won a fourth award at the Regional Water Authority’s annual photo contest:
- Exhibition by NHCC member Barbara Vietzke
- ESSEX MEADOWS ART GALLERY PRESENTS VISIONS and IMPRESSIONS by Barbara Vietzke, Fine Art Photographer and Wesley Vietzke, Oil Painter
- Essex Meadows 30 Bokum Road Essex CT
- Opening ReceptionFriday, 4 November 2016, 5:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Exhibition through 2 January 2017
- ICELAND’S ASTONISHING BEAUTYPHOTOGRAPHS BY FRED ROSENTHAL