We have friendly photography competitions once a month (8 times a year, plus an "End of Year" competition)
The NHCC handbook has been updated, please download it and read it, it is your responsibility to know the rules.
The New Haven Camera Club expects that its membership will adhere to the highest ethical standards when complying with its competition rules. It is especially important that all photographs entered into competitions be the exclusive work of the maker (except for commercially made prints or digital photographs scanned from a slide original allowed by the rules).
Each month we have the following image competitions:
- Electronic (uploaded via website prior to deadline). Two classes: Class A (advanced level) and Class B (entry level, top scorer gets promoted to A at end of year)
- Creative/Image Artistry category (uploaded via website prior to deadline)
- Monochrome category (uploaded via website prior to deadline)
- Assigned subject, see topics (uploaded via website prior to deadline).
- Please note that the electronic image assigned subject competition is in addition to the regular OPEN subject (anything goes) monthly competition.
Please note: You will need Acrobat to read some of our information, as much of it appears in pdf format (portable document format is the current universal web format) Download Adobe Acrobat Reader (free)
Image of the Year "Rose Beauty" by Jim Dionne
by Tom Cuchara
"Sunset Marshall Point Light"
Open Class A Judge's Choices: